Friday, May 04, 2007
10:15 AM | Posted by Christine McN | Edit Post
Conne tagged me via e-mail on this one. Of course, I couldn't say no to a good meme! :)
1) Coffee has an adverse effect on me. This is horrible, because I love the smell and taste of coffee! Coffee actually puts me to sleep (within minutes)!!! I discovered I had this disorder when I was in college. There is only a small percentage of people in the world who have this problem.
2) I can go from obsessive compulsive-like behaviour to totally laid back. There are days when I can be totally anal about everything being in order and freak out if all the labels on the cans in the kitchen cupboard are not facing the same direction...and days when I couldn't give a hoot if there's laundry on the bedroom floor or papers and mail scattered on the dining room table. It's not often though...since it irritates me when there are papers and other things on the table. I suppose it bugs Hubby that I don't like to have anything on the table when it is not being used for dining.
3) I can write with both my right and left hand.
4) I can't sleep with my feet covered. It's weird. I usually end up kicking the covers off so my feet aren't covered. I could never ever sleep with socks on either!
5) I check my e-mail every day (Uhh...for work purposes! Yeah. That's it!)
6) I like opera, jazz, alternative, classical, rock, glam rock, reggae, reggaeton, calypso, steel band, R&B, hip hop, punk, country, pop, top 40's hits, oldies (30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, as well as 70's, 80's, 90's), new age, disco, folk, instrumental, techno and dance music.
7) I'm allergic to cheap jewelry. Okay, let me rectify that statement. I'm allergic to certain metals. I need to wear only 100% sterling silver or 100% gold earrings...or else my ears will get infected and fester and fall off. Now, you don't want that to happen to me, do you?
8) Green apples make my lips swell. Yes, there's something about the skin/peel of the green apple that makes my mouth burn, itch and swell like a platypus! I love the taste of green apple though. I have to really wash and peel the apple if I want to eat it. For some reason, if I touch the peel with my hands, it's okay...but I can't eat the peel. My brothers used to love seeing how long it would take before my lips begin to swell and I look like a duck.
9) I've got a very acute sense of smell. In other words, it doesn't take much in the way of offensive smells to make me gag and dry heave. It's really sad and embarrassing. I just cannot control the instant gag reflexes. I have a weak stomach.
10) I take the whole 'reduce, reuse, recycle' thing very seriously. I even reuse the plastic milk bags after the milk's been emptied. I wash the bags and dry them, and use them to put our garden produce in and freeze them for future use. The plastic milk bags are really strong and raspberries, corn, broccoli and other produce freeze really nicely in them. Just secure them with a twist tie...or better yet, one of those tabs from the bread bags (if you buy your bread). I sometimes buy our bread if I don't have time to bake our own. I just keep all the tabs so I can use them for something in the future (like tying plastic bags for freezing food)!
Now that you know these 10 random, weird facts about me, I will redeem myself by leaving you with pics of my adorable nephew. It's just so amazing to see how much he has changed in but a few weeks! These are his 6 wks pics. When I was in K-town to see him, he was 2 wks old.Kenny and my grandma. Wow! Look how big the kid is getting! Too cute!! I know...I am soooooooo biased because I'm his auntie. I know I'm biased!
- 2013 (166)
- 2012 (270)
- 2011 (255)
- 2010 (299)
- 2009 (195)
- 2008 (218)
- Real Women Don't Cook???
- Ying and Yang???
- K-town and back
- Kenny's big day
- Pinks & Blues and Safari Animals
- Brief Hiatus
- You might think I'm crazy
- Sunday at the Beach
- Friday Ramblings
- Expectations and Disappointment
- Mother Hen
- That's weird...
- Just Pics
- Happy Mother's Day
- Definitely Pregnant
- I've got my Melanie Bailey Creation...Have you got...
- The Number 5
- We lost one child and now we're getting four!!!
- Because it's Spring...
- A picture says a thousand words
- Manitoulin Trade Fair IX
- 9:40 AM
- 10 Random Weird Facts About Me
- Okay! I admit it...
- A 'Must See' Event
- 2006 (288)
Brand Ambassador for
100 self-taught things baby bed rest during pregnancy blogging woes books candy contest cool stuff culture Cupcake Decorating 101 dreams Engrish family food friends fun give away green living healthy living holidays hospital hubby International Cuisine Nights Island living Japan kids life on the farm love Meatless Monday meme Mommy Mishaps movies music NaBloPoMo nostalgia pantry potions parenting pets preemie product reviews Project Live Out of Your Fridge PS2 questions racism ranting and venting recipes restaurant reviews shout out teaching the blog the garden thoughts Throwback Thursday toddler too funny travel tv weird
© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
About the Blog Author
City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!