Sunday, November 21, 2010
6:26 AM | Posted by Christine McN | Edit Post
Image from Saplings.ca via Google ImagesI have a question for all you parents out there. How many of you take baths with your toddlers? Do you sometimes just stick your toddler in the shower with your spouse/partner/significant other?
I don't take baths with Little One very often. I probably stick her in the bath with me once a week or so. It's not that I mind or anything. I think it's a perfectly natural thing to do. She's only two years old. I do enjoy hanging out with her, but bath time takes soooo much longer when I'm in there with her. She just wants to play...and play...and play. She would stay in the bath ALL night if I let her.
Little One and I were splish-splashing in the bath and singing Broadway show tunes. All of a sudden, her eyes widened and her mouth was gaping open. "Oh, dear. Here we go. She's going to ask what my hoo-ha and boobies are."
Instead, she reached over to my shoulder and touched my tattoo (which I completely forgot about!) and said, "Oh! Oh! Mommy!" She tried to rub it off, but realized it wasn't going to come off. She then leaned over and kissed my tattoo and said, "All done!"
A little more "swimming" around the tub and eight show tunes later, Little One was in top form. She was giggling and babbling away. Then, the unmentionable happened. Ha! Of course I'm going to mention it, and pray she doesn't decide to disown me when she's older! Little One stopped what she was doing and made this really strange face. All of a sudden, I saw two logs floating in the tub!
I jumped out of the tub, soaking wet, and screamed!
"Honey! HONEY!!!!!! Come in the bathroom! Quick! QUICK!!!!!"
Hubby came running in with a puzzled look on his face. I pointed at our toddler, sitting quietly in the tub at the opposite end of those two little floating logs.
"Ummmm...Your daughter pooped in the tub!"
"Well? Can you please do something about it?"
Hubby disposed of the two little floating logs, washed the toddler off, and took her to her room to change her into her pyjamas...while I sat on the toilet seat and contemplated what just happened.
I honestly do not know why I reacted that way. I mean, it's just poop! Man, I've got a weak stomach when it comes to things like this though. Poop and vomit. Ack! I've gotta toughen up. I sense many years of poop and vomit ahead of me. Gross.
- 2013 (141)
- 2012 (270)
- 2011 (255)
- Awesome Holiday Gifts
- NaBloPoMo Day 30: Married With Secrets
- NaBloPoMo Day 29: Tangled
- NaBloPoMo Day 28: Leaving
- NaBloPoMo Day 27: Friday Funnies
- NaBloPoMo Day 26: Randoms
- NaBloPoMo Day 25: The End Is Near
- T'is The Season...For Stellar Dendrites! Review an...
- NaBloPoMo Day 24: While I Was Out
- Share A Smile!
- NaBloPoMo Day 23: I Got Nuthin'
- The Best Bath Toy EVER!
- NaBloPoMo Day 22: Why? Oh, Why?
- NaBloPoMo Day 21: Bathing With Baby
- NaBloPoMo Day 20: Hookers
- NaBloPoMo Day 19: Not Guilty
- NaBloPoMo Day 18: Zumbalicious!
- NaBloPoMo Day 17: Fight For Preemies
- Princesses, Fairies, Ballerinas, and BornFree Twis...
- NaBloPoMo Day 16: Welcome to the Terrific Twos!
- NaBloPoMo Day 15: Her First Time
- Congratulations! You Win CANDY!!!
- NaBloPoMo Day 14: Fairy-Princess-Ballerinas
- NaBloPoMo Day 13: The Morning After
- NaBloPoMo Day 12: Cheating
- NaBloPoMo Day 11: Little One Turns TWO!
- Once Upon A Potty
- NaBloPoMo Day 10: Decoding Toddler Speak
- NaBloPoMo Day 9 - Meatless Monday: Three Sisters a...
- NaBloPoMo Day 8: Fall Back, Spring Forward
- NaBloPoMo Day 7: Proud
- NaBloPoMo Day 6: Stuff
- And, the winners are...
- NaBloPoMo Day 5: Truth
- Our Quaker Journey to Wellness
- NaBloPoMo Day 4: Family
- v.i.b. is in da house!
- NaBloPoMo Day 3: Cutting Ties
- NaBloPoMo Day 2: Fear
- Meatless Monday
- November Already?! NaBloPoMo: Day 1
- 2009 (195)
- 2008 (218)
- 2007 (284)
- 2006 (288)
Brand Ambassador for
100 self-taught things baby bed rest during pregnancy blogging woes books candy contest cool stuff culture Cupcake Decorating 101 dreams Engrish family food friends fun give away green living healthy living holidays hospital hubby International Cuisine Nights Island living Japan kids life on the farm love Meatless Monday meme Mommy Mishaps movies music NaBloPoMo nostalgia pantry potions parenting pets preemie product reviews Project Live Out of Your Fridge PS2 questions racism ranting and venting recipes restaurant reviews shout out teaching the blog the garden thoughts Throwback Thursday toddler too funny travel tv weird
© 2006 - 2012 Life on Manitoulin. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.
About the Blog Author
City girl moves to the country, falls in love, and marries a farmer. She tries to incorporate her city ways with her new country lifestyle and blogs to keep in touch with friends, family & students who live far, far away :) Can this city girl go country? Watch as she learns all sorts of exciting things about life on the farm and in a small rural community. *UPDATE* We are now parents! Our baby girl was born on Nov. 11, 2008 (at 28 weeks gestation- 12 weeks premature, but she's quite the trooper)!!!